Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
NW Ford Diesels
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister YouTube Twitter Facebook  

Burnt Capacitor in FICM (Read 1908 times)
mplayer
Roost Bait

Carson, Washington
Burnt Capacitor in FICM
Jul 17th, 2011 at 3:48pm

Hello, I am new here. This is a great forum. I am in some need of some advice or help. I found a burnt capacitor inside my ficm and don't know what the value of it is. It is one of the small tan surface mount capacitors next to the seven screws. Does nayone know what size those are? Also, does anyone have any ficm parts laying around that they would be willing to sell? I am going to attempt to repair mine. I am planning on buying a new one but want to see if I can find where to get the capacitors and repair this one. HAs anyone been able to find the value of these or where to purchase parts? Sorry for the long post. I have searched all over and asked on different forums with no luck. Thanks again.

2003 F350 Crewcab 4x4 Lariat FX4, 6.0 Powerstroke, 2.5" leveling kit, 285/75/16 Goodyear Duratrac, Edge Insight Monitor, Cat and muffler delete, 15K RBW fifth wheel hitch.

IP Logged

Frankenstien
Step Away from the Keyboard!

Uhm......... is that Coolant
I smell???

South Prairie
Re: Burnt Capacitor in FICM
Reply #1 - Jul 17th, 2011 at 8:02pm

If you can try to post a pic of the bad component.  There is an electronics shop on east Marginal way, just north of the intersection where home depot is.  (Tukwilla)

Have Late 99 (4/17) XL psd 4X SC Dually, 4" turbo back exhaust,  Turbo stuff done... injector stuff done.., WARN 16.5 ti + Trans4mer system Autometer A pillar setup .. :-D .. 03 37' Montana just heavy

IP Logged

mplayer
Roost Bait

Carson, Washington
Reply #2 - Jul 17th, 2011 at 8:57pm

Ok. I'll try to post a picture. Im not located up north. Im on the border of Washington and Oregon. Closest to Portland.

2003 F350 Crewcab 4x4 Lariat FX4, 6.0 Powerstroke, 2.5" leveling kit, 285/75/16 Goodyear Duratrac, Edge Insight Monitor, Cat and muffler delete, 15K RBW fifth wheel hitch.

IP Logged

mplayer
Roost Bait

Carson, Washington
Reply #3 - Jul 17th, 2011 at 8:59pm

So, on the right side by the bottom row of holes for the three screws, there is a tan capacitor.

IP Logged

JSlack

Resident Hippy

Spokane, Wa
Reply #4 - Jul 18th, 2011 at 9:54am

Not a 6liter guy myself, but from what I have seen here, the FICM is not a cheap part.

Sted9r has one once in a while for sale, and he is the resident 6ohno guru. works on em everyday.

There is the goatman, or rubystargoats, that knows his fair share about 6blows and goats, but mostly goats. I wanna say he's been through some FICM trouble...
Then there is that Cunuck, Dave or stroketeck, up North who knows a good deal about the 6oh as well.

And ya can't forget Scott at RPM Northwest. He might even have a FICM on the shelf or in the parts bin...worth a call for sure.
rpmnw.biz

get ahold of any of these guys on here(or im sure some of them will be along to this thread shortly) and they will help you out to the best of their abilities.

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -Ted Nugent

"Every "reality" show has an elimination ceremony, reality should too." Starter-Kit

"Key is to use a nice fir log. Those damn cotton-woods just blow apart the first time you run through a crowd of liberals." - backwoodsboy

IP Logged

mplayer
Roost Bait

Carson, Washington
Reply #5 - Jul 18th, 2011 at 6:49pm

Ok. Thanks for the info. Smiley

IP Logged

RPM

What Smoke Officer?

Puyallup, Wa
Reply #6 - Jul 18th, 2011 at 10:31pm

Swamps is the only one that i know of selling repaired ficm's. There are some threads here if you use the search that talk about re-soldering the burnt components in a ficm.

IMO they are like CPS's in a 7.3. you should have a spare in the glove box.

WWW WWW http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rock-Pavement-Mud-No  
IP Logged