Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
NW Ford Diesels
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister YouTube Twitter Facebook  

Pages: 1 2 
shutting off ebpv in superduty (Read 5365 times)
am_stpierre
Post Whore

I WANT MORE POWER

Ellensburg, Wa
shutting off ebpv in superduty
Jan 3rd, 2010 at 12:14pm

how do you shut off or disable the ebpv in superdutys?

1995 F250 Powerstroke 4x4 5spd tymar intake
1997 F250 Powerstroke, front add-a-leaf, tymar intake , downpipe, 1.0 housing, IDM mod, 5 inch Bull haulers, Cobalt boost, pyro, and tranny(GONE)
am_stpierre13  
IP Logged

JSlack
Step Away from the Keyboard!

Resident Hippy

Spokane, Wa
Re: shutting off ebpv in superduty
Reply #1 - Jan 3rd, 2010 at 12:45pm

unplug it

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -Ted Nugent

"Every "reality" show has an elimination ceremony, reality should too." Starter-Kit

"Key is to use a nice fir log. Those damn cotton-woods just blow apart the first time you run through a crowd of liberals." - backwoodsboy

IP Logged

Farmtruckracer
Roost Bait

Gresham OR
Reply #2 - Jan 3rd, 2010 at 12:50pm

it is my understanding that you just un-plug it at the pedestal, and the butterfly stays in open position.

early99 F350 CC Lariat Dually 4x4 7.3,updated airbox w/Airaid,Turbomaster WG controller,MBRP 4" exh,Zoodad mod,DP-Tuner reflash w/60 tow, King Ranch running boards & bumper covers, 05 front end conversion and badges

IP Logged

SKWERL

GET-HER-DRUNK

Renton
Reply #3 - Jan 3rd, 2010 at 5:10pm

You can unplug it. The plug is right on the front of the pedestal. Or do the delete to the pedestal and take out the Valve on the exhaust housing.

2001 SD F250=big waste of money

IP Logged

ScrapinItOut

Graham Wa
Reply #4 - Jan 3rd, 2010 at 5:34pm

ebpv is that what makes the engine sound like a slushie machine when the engine is frigan cold

1997 F350 CCLB PSD auto, Hillbilly AFE intake robbed of a first gen cummins, TE 500 HPOP, Winch bumper with no winch, 3/8s C channel rear bumper.

2011 Ford Escape.
2006 Dutchman Camper.
2011 16x7 car trailer

IP Logged

Farmtruckracer
Roost Bait

Gresham OR
Reply #5 - Jan 3rd, 2010 at 5:37pm

ScrapinItOut wrote on Jan 3rd, 2010 at 5:34pm:
ebpv is that what makes the engine sound like a slushie machine when the engine is frigan cold

that would be it

early99 F350 CC Lariat Dually 4x4 7.3,updated airbox w/Airaid,Turbomaster WG controller,MBRP 4" exh,Zoodad mod,DP-Tuner reflash w/60 tow, King Ranch running boards & bumper covers, 05 front end conversion and badges

IP Logged

ScrapinItOut

Graham Wa
Reply #6 - Jan 3rd, 2010 at 5:44pm

im glad to know that sound is normal. I figured it was somethin bad.

1997 F350 CCLB PSD auto, Hillbilly AFE intake robbed of a first gen cummins, TE 500 HPOP, Winch bumper with no winch, 3/8s C channel rear bumper.

2011 Ford Escape.
2006 Dutchman Camper.
2011 16x7 car trailer

IP Logged

joe dirt

gresham oregon
Reply #7 - Jan 3rd, 2010 at 6:08pm

i think ff has pictures of my ebpv gut from a former tech day....

1993 f250 xtra cab 2wd 5spd 7.3l idi w/ banks sidewinder

"SEX SHOULD BE LIKE A CHEVY,..LOUD,SLOW, AND LEAVE STAINS IN THE DRIVEWAY"

IP Logged

Highbeam
Regular Contributor

Buckley, WA
Reply #8 - Jan 4th, 2010 at 11:13am

Mine has been unplugged for about a year and a half now with no SES lights or issues. I like the idea of an EBPV during warm up idling but I want the think to go away while driving. The dang thing would turn on and off while driving and just operates poorly so I shut it off and have been happy ever since.

2000 F350 CCSB 4x4 PSD, lowered rear to F250, 4" exhaust with muffler, Ford AIS intake, Zoodad, AIH delete, tru-cool trans cooler, AM gauges under dash,  To tow:

26' Creekside travel trailer at 8000#
18' 10k GVWR equipment trailer
30 HP tractor
Kawasaki KLX250s dual sport

IP Logged

lopster
Regular Contributor

Tacoma Washington
Reply #9 - Jan 4th, 2010 at 6:57pm

i read a few times where people put them on switches. i was thinkin bout doin that, but i just chose to unplug it.

00 F350 CC SB 4" exhaust, chipped, 6637 filter, ccv mod, tranny filter, coolant filter, ebpv delete, gage bumpers, 05 conversion, other chit

IP Logged

SKWERL

GET-HER-DRUNK

Renton
Reply #10 - Jan 4th, 2010 at 7:15pm

You can even turn it into a mild exhaust brake. Tho I don't think they hold up very well.

2001 SD F250=big waste of money

IP Logged

Stangrcr72
Post Whore

Marysville, WA
Reply #11 - Jan 7th, 2010 at 9:38pm

Mine has been unplugged and gutted for about 5 years now.  Sometimes wish I had it on real cold mornings, but overall don't miss it.

It does show a code when I scan it, but no SES light.

2000 F250 SD Lariat PSD 4x4 kinda stock, still on factory trans.
325/65/18" BFGs on Ultra rims, custom 4" lift with rear shackle flip, Baldwin air filter, Racor R60P fuel filter, Racor CCV filter, LF777 Bypass oil filter, 3.5-4-5 custom exhaust, homemade fuel system, and some other stuff, 8yr old 4 pos chip that I usually run in the 100hp setting.  341hp/755tq last time on dyno.  16 flats in the 1/4.  Yeah its slow, but not bad for 8200lbs with just me and a half tank.

IP Logged

Joe46

Auburn,Wa
Reply #12 - Jan 8th, 2010 at 6:47am

Not to step on anyone's toes, but I just don't see any reason to unplugged it. As cold blooded as these trucks are, I like the warmup help. Also as far as can tell I've never had mine come on once I was rolling down the road. Then again I've not had it in below zero temps either.

01F350Crewcab, Arrow canopy, a few mods, endowment member NRA

IP Logged

joe dirt

gresham oregon
Reply #13 - Jan 8th, 2010 at 8:31am

Joe46 wrote on Jan 8th, 2010 at 6:47am:
Not to step on anyone's toes, but I just don't see any reason to unplugged it. As cold blooded as these trucks are, I like the warmup help. Also as far as can tell I've never had mine come on once I was rolling down the road. Then again I've not had it in below zero temps either.

wait till yours strarts leaking oil...youll be done with it in a hurry...especially when you see how much it costs to replace the pedistal...
  mine was leaking so bad it was dripping oil on my downpipe...there were a few times i thought my truck was on fire...
  i ended up going with a non-ebpv pedistal and gutting the rest Cool

i can honestly say ill never have that problem again!!!

1993 f250 xtra cab 2wd 5spd 7.3l idi w/ banks sidewinder

"SEX SHOULD BE LIKE A CHEVY,..LOUD,SLOW, AND LEAVE STAINS IN THE DRIVEWAY"

IP Logged

STED9r

Puyallup
Reply #14 - Jan 8th, 2010 at 8:57am

joe dirt wrote on Jan 8th, 2010 at 8:31am:
wait till yours strarts leaking oil...youll be done with it in a hurry...especially when you see how much it costs to replace the pedistal...
  mine was leaking so bad it was dripping oil on my downpipe...there were a few times i thought my truck was on fire...
  i ended up going with a non-ebpv pedistal and gutting the rest Cool

i can honestly say ill never have that problem again!!!

With all the 7.3 rigs I have here with anywhere from 200k to 480k, all but 1 are on original pedastel/ebp piston and seal. No probs aside from sensor or tube cleaning or replacement.
Never had one leak and the one that got rblt was due to damaged rod when pulling out turbo/ped.
Mind you, these are E series and the heat load on various parts are extreme and get more 'abuse' than what you would normaly see in a F series.
One of those personal preferances.

I'm not a racist, I hate his white half also........

03' F350 Super Crew
06' BMW Z4
96' Dakota 4X4
06' KLR 650
02' Warrior 350
Thank God Ford doesn't make airplanes.........

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2